Oceans of knowledge
(Junior) Mooring & Subsea Engineer – Hoofddorp
IntroductionAs Mooring & Subsea Engineer you are responsible for delivering the engineering output of the mooring & subsea work scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning.
OrganizationThe Engineering Department is responsible for providing innovative, cost effective Engineering services and solutions in all areas of Bluewater’s business, ensuring a responsible approach to client requirements; international rules and regulations and HSEQ obligations in order to contribute to the realization of the company’s goals and strategy.
FunctionYou reply in time to InterDiscipline Checks and queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor. You report to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and assist in obtaining client and third party approval on the project. You support the After Sales Department with queries and requests on existing systems. As Bluewater witness/representative you travel to offshore installations. You signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to your Section Head.
RequirementsWe are looking for an analytically strong Engineer who can act independently if required. You have a creative mind set and enjoy solving problems. Furthermore you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture or equivalent
• Course Hydrodynamics of Offshore structures (Marin)
• Over three years of relevant experience in engineering offshore mooring and/or riser systems as well as offshore installation work
• English good, verbally as well as in writing
• Computer literacy for discipline calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and data-base management