Piping Material Engineer – Hoofddorp
Bluewater currently owns and operates a number of Floating Production Storage and Offloading Systems (FPSOs): the Glas Dowr, the Aoka Mizu, the Bleo Holm, the Hæwene Brim and Munin.
As Piping Engineer you are responsible for delivering the engineering output of the piping work scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. When as-signed to a project you report to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, setbacks and concerns. You reply to Inter Discipline checks on time as well to queries from client, certifying authority and vendors. You signal technical risks and report to your Section Head on personal achievements and section matters.
Within Bluewater you can expect to perform a number of different tasks; basic and detailed design for all process piping on FPSOs and SPM systems; creating piping material, valve and special items specifications, contact with vendors and review of vendor data; participate in HAZIDs and assisting in obtaining client and third party approval on the project. You also review piping fabrication and construction drawings and respond to site queries.
• You have a bachelor’s degree or Technical College in Mechanical Engineering.
• About 5 years of relevant experience in piping materials engineering.
• Knowledge of piping materials, piping equipment, pipe stress and affinity with piping design.
• Knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards.
• Proficient in English, verbally as well as in writing.
• You have experience with piping materials engineering in basic and detailed phase of a project.
• a fulltime/40 hours per week position within an international environment
• besides a competitive salary, you will receive a 13th month, holiday allowance and travel allowance
• 29 days of paid holiday annually and the opportunity to purchase 10 additional holidays annually
• the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme
• a good pension scheme of which we pay the complete pension contribution
• different activities which are very divers and always voluntary, for example playing sports, CPC run, Friday drinks, quiz night, Sail day and our annual Christmas party
Please note that this is a permanent staff position. Interim candidates should not apply. We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
An (online) assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.