Senior Mechanical Engineer – Hoofddorp
Bluewater currently owns and operates a number of Floating Production Storage and Offloading Systems (FPSOs): the Glas Dowr, the Aoka Mizu, the Bleo Holm, the Hæwene Brim and Munin.
scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. All activities
will be performed in accordance with Bluewater’s Corporate Management System.
• Is responsible for engineering activities and delivering the engineering output on time according to the
project, HSEQ&RC and corporate requirements.
• Reports to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a
• Implements the HSEQ&RC requirements and to assist the Lead (Project) Engineer in related meetings.
• Replies to InterDiscipline checks on time.
• Replies to queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor on time.
• Assists the Lead (Project) Engineer in obtaining client and third party approval on the project.
• Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Engineering.
• Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section.
• Checks work of colleagues to improve quality.
• Coaches more junior engineers.
• On request of the corporate technical authority act as delegate corporate technical authority.
• Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements.
• If necessary performs activities abroad; on site or with client.
• If necessary takes on ‘lead engineer’ role.
• Over 8 years of relevant experience in, and/or affinity with, mechanical engineering, in particular in the field of mechanical analysis.
• English good, verbally as well as in writing.
• Good knowledge of Bluewater’s procedures/systems.
• Computer literacy for mechanical calculations, document processing and spreadsheets management and for 2D and 3D CAD.
• Thorough knowledge of Applied Mechanics.
• Knowledge and experience in the usage of a Finite Element Analysis program.
• a fulltime/40 hours per week position within an international environment
• besides a competitive salary, you will receive a 13th month, holiday allowance and travel allowance
• 29 days of paid holiday annually and the opportunity to purchase 10 additional holidays annually
• the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme
• a good pension scheme of which we pay the complete pension contribution
• onboarding program; we warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible
• different activities which are very divers and always voluntary, for example playing sports, CPC run, friday drinks, quiz night, Sail day and our annual Christmas party
Please note that this is a permanent staff position. Interim candidates should not apply. We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
An (online) assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.