Senior Naval Architect – Hoofddorp
We are currently looking for a Senior Naval Architect with a strong structural background to strengthen the Naval & Marine Section. This section is part of the Engineering Department (over 90 highly skilled engineers) and assists projects with typical Naval Architectural work and engineering of marine systems for FPSO’s.
Your assignments will include guiding, reviewing and performing structural analyses by hand, in FEMAP, SDC Verifier or other software. You design cost-effective structures and report the results for class and client approval. Additionally you may need to perform buckling, non-linear analysis, spectral fatigue analysis or transient analysis. Support in other naval architectural work may be occasionally requested (hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, arrangements, yard support, etc.).
An analytically strong engineer who can act independently as well as in a team. You show ownership, have a creative mind-set and enjoy solving problems. Furthermore:
• a Master’s degree in Offshore Floating Structures, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering
• over 8 years of experience in finite element analyses and structural designs (preferably in the offshore industry)
• knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards (ABS, BV, DNV, LR, HSE UK, SOLAS, etc.
• experience with different programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic, Matlab, Python)
• fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Good balance of work and play through diverse and voluntary activities such as Bluewater Sports, CPC run, Friday drinks at the Bluewater bar, daily fresh subsidized lunches, Winter sports, quiz nights, Sail day, Young Bluewater activities and excursions and our annual Christmas party.
• Opportunities grow into senior roles in the Naval and Marine Department as well as other engineering departments.
• Solid primary and secondary Terms and conditions, including 29 holidays based on 40h workweek, 13th month, contribution to collective health insurance and a pension scheme fully covered by us.
Please note that this is a permanent staff position. Interim candidates should not apply. We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
An (online) assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.