Oceans of knowledge
Senior Piping Designer – Hoofddorp
OrganizationBluewater is a leading provider of innovative Single Point Mooring systems (SPM) and operator of Floating Production Storage and Offloading units (FPSO). Since its foundation in 1978, Bluewater has built a technological lead specialising in design, development, lease and operation of tanker-based production and storage systems, and has become a leading provider of innovative Single Point Mooring systems.
Bluewater currently owns and operates a number of Floating Production Storage and Offloading Systems (FPSOs): the Glas Dowr, the Aoka Mizu, the Bleo Holm, the Hæwene Brim and Munin.
FunctionAs a Senior Piping Designer you are responsible for delivering the design of the piping work scope of any type of job in line with the project’s technical specification and planning. You report to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs, concerns and design improvements, you signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Process & Piping Section Head. If necessary you are requested to perform activities abroad, on site or with our clients.
RequirementsAn accurate and creative Designer with good communication skills.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or Technical College, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
• Over 8 years of relevant experience in piping design, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
• You have knowledge of designing and evaluating system schematics, Process & Instrumen-tation Diagrams (P&IDs), piping layouts and isometrics.
• Computer literacy for 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D piping design tools (preferably Autodesk Plant 3D), for document processing and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of piping bulk materials and basic principles of piping flexibility.
• Your English is good, verbally as well as in writing.
OfferWe offer a fulltime, challenging position within an international environment. A market conform gross yearly salary, including a 13th month, holiday allowance and a non-contributory pension plan and a collective medical insurance.
InformationFor more information please contact Mark Schouten,
+31 (23) 711 6400.
ApplicationIf you would like to apply for this position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button in this vacancy. This will lead you further through the application.
Please note that this is a staff position. Interim candidates should not apply.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
Due to the high rate of response, acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.