Oceans of knowledge
Senior Piping Materials Engineer – Hoofddorp
OrganizationBluewater is a leading provider of innovative Single Point Mooring systems (SPM) and operator of Floating Production Storage and Offloading units (FPSO). Since its foundation in 1978, Bluewater has built a technological lead specialising in design, development, lease and operation of tanker-based production and storage systems, and has become a leading provider of innovative Single Point Mooring systems.
Bluewater currently owns and operates a number of Floating Production Storage and Offloading Systems (FPSOs): the Glas Dowr, the Uisge Gorm, the Bleo Holm, the Hæwene Brim and Munin.
FunctionAs a Senior Piping Materials Engineer you are responsible for delivering the piping materials engineering work scope of a project within time and budget. Typically these include piping material specifications, valve specifications and lists, MTO’s and technical bid reviews for FPSO’s and other SPM systems. You report to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs, concerns and design improvements, you signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Process & Piping Section Head. If necessary you are requested to perform activities abroad, on site or with our clients.
• Is responsible for engineering activities and delivering the engineering output on time according to the project, HSEQ&RC and corporate requirements.
• Reports to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a
• Implements the HSEQ&RC requirements and assists the Lead (Project) Engineer in related
• Replies to InterDiscipline checks on time.
• Replies to queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor on time.
• Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Engineering.
• Assists the Project/Lead Engineer in obtaining client and third party approval on the project.
• Assists the Project/ Lead Engineer in establishing the fabrication and construction specifications.
• Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the
• Reports regularly to the Section Head Engineering on personal achievements and section matters.
• Checks work of colleagues to improve quality.
• Coaches more junior engineers.
• Correctly administrates work.
• On request of the corporate technical authority act as delegate corporate technical authority.
• Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements.
• If necessary performs activities abroad; on site or with client.
RequirementsWe are looking for an analytically strong and creative Engineer. You organise your own work and have good communication skills.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Over eight years of relevant experience in piping materials engineering
• Knowledge of piping materials, piping equipment, pipe stress and affinity with piping design
• Knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards
• Computer literacy for piping discipline calculations, document processing,
spreadsheets and data management
• Good understanding of the English language, verbally as well as in writing
• You have experience with piping materials engineering in concept, basic and detailed phase of a project
OfferWe offer a fulltime, challenging position within an international environment.
A market conform gross yearly salary, including a 13th month, holiday allowance and a non-contributory pension plan and a collective medical insurance.
InformationFor more information, please contact Mark Schouten,
+31 (23) 711 5500
ApplicationIf you would like to apply for this position, please click on the ‘Apply’ button in this vacancy. This will lead you further through the application.
Please note that this is a staff position. Interim candidates should not apply.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
Due to the high rate of response, acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.