Oceans of knowledge
- «05/06/2019 | FPSO Aoka Mizu First Oil on Lancaster
- 14/05/2019 | Aoka Mizu Introduction to Hydrocarbons
- 19/03/2019 | Hook-up of FPSO at the Lancaster Field
- 15/10/2018 | Sail-away of the Aoka Mizu FPSO
- 31/07/2018 | THE OFFSHORE CHEMICALS REGULATIONS 2002
- 10/11/2017 | Lancaster EPS Field Development Plan Approval
- 14/09/2017 | Hurricane has taken the Final Investment Decision on the development of the Lancaster Early Production System
- 29/11/2016 | Hurricane secures Lancaster FPSO
- 28/10/2016 | Notification
- 07/08/2015 | Bluewater awarded a contract for major Turret Mooring System for Rosebank project
FPSO Aoka Mizu First Oil on Lancaster
On June 4, 2019 the Provisional Acceptance Certificate was received from Hurricane Energy Ltd. This is a crucial milestone in the trajectory of the upgrade of the FPSO Aoka Mizu through to achieving steady production on the Lancaster field, West of Shetlands. Oil is now flowing from the two wells.
Bluewater owns and operates the Aoka Mizu under a lease and operate contract with Hurricane.
“We are very pleased to have reached yet another important milestone, and look forward to a productive period on the field”, said Hugo J. Heerema, President and CEO of Bluewater. “Also it gives us pleasure to note that the project was executed in record time, and that Bluewater has stayed within the original budget. The Aoka Mizu is an exceptionally strong vessel with a very good performance track record on its previous assignment, has undergone mooring and topside modifications at Dubai Drydocks World to make it suitable for long term operations in the demanding area West of Shetlands”.
For further information we refer to Hurricane Energy’s Press Release of today: Hurricane Energy’s Press Release